1. Introduction This Protection of Personal Information (POPI) statement forms part of the iStartCloud website terms and conditions. It seeks to explain how iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd may use Personal Information collected from you when you use our website or apply for our services. If you do not agree with any term/s of this POPI statement, you must cease your access of this website and use of our services immediately. “Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies a person and is processed by or on behalf of iStart Solutions, as described in Chapter 1, section 1 of POPIA.
3. Processing The processing of your information will align to the Protection of Personal Information Act. iStartCloud will only process your personal information, where it is lawful to do so. We will not process your personal information for a purpose which is incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose or iStartCloud is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information. In instances where you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, such requests must be submitted to us in writing.
4. Disclosure iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd will only disclose your personal information if you have agreed that we may disclose your personal information, where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of legislation or industry codes as well as where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
5. Third Parties iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd will only share your Personal Information with its Third Parties if necessary in the course of and for the purpose of giving effect to our business activities with you. Third Parties include Service Providers, affiliates and other trusted businesses or persons, only for the purpose of processing your Personal Information in compliance with this Statement. Prior to sharing your personal information with a Third Party, iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd will conduct a due diligence to identify any possible risks posed by inadequate controls. All Third Parties who process personal information will do so under arrangement which will include obligations on the Third Party in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act. iStartCloud will not share your information with any Third Party that does not comply with the terms of our POPI Policy.
6. Receiving Personal Information as a ThirdParty During the course of conducting its business , iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd will collect Third Parties’ personal information from time to time. We will process the personal information received from Third Parties’ on behalf of the data subjects in conjunction with its terms and conditions and in respect of legislative requirements. iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd will accordingly ensure that in processing or storing a Third Party’s Personal Information, it will adhere to its obligations in terms of POPIA. In the capacity of a Third Party, we will comply with all of its obligations as provided for in POPI.
8. Retention iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd will only keep your personal information for: • as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is processed • as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you • as long as needed to provide services to you, and/or • as long as necessary to comply with legal and contractual obligations.
9. Marketing We may use your personal information to market our products and services to you. When we do, we will do so in person, by post, telephone, or electronic channels such as SMS, email and fax. If you are not our customer, or in any other instances where the law requires, we will only market to you by electronic communications with your consent. In all cases, you can revoke your consent to marketing communications to you at any time.
10. Access to your Personal Information iStart Solutions (Pty) Ltd recognises your rights to access all the personal information that we may hold about you and our responsibility to enable you to access this information. To this end, you may request access through our Chief Information Officer in writing at popi(at) istartcloud.com
10. Correction of your Personal Information You have the right to request us to update, correct or delete your personal information. You may do so in writing by contacting us at the details provided below. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate. Please update your information by contacting us at the details provided below.
11. Changes to this Statement Please note that we may amend this Statement from time to time. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
12. Contacting Us If you have questions about this Statement or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our POPI standards or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the following details: Chief Information Officer : S. Zwankhuizen Tel: +6422 082 0125 WhatsApp or Telegram Email: popi(at) istartcloud.com
Date of last update: 30 June 2021